How to properly maintain our dishwasher?
Dishwasher - unchanged household helper
Not everyone owns a dishwasher in their home, but more practical people are sure to own this household appliance. One of the most annoying duties is washing dishes and glasses. There is often no point in arguing over which family to distribute the activity to. Probably for this reason, you should go out to restaurants with friends instead of staying comfortably in your home and displaying your talents in the kitchen.
All this is not so complicated anymore. After the nice moments and the tables, your assistant will come. Since you have already touched the convenience of your life with your machine, now is the time to follow its maintenance rules.
It is not enough to just buy it and place it in the most appropriate place - most often near the sink near the water main and the canal. Over time, dishwashers can collect food residue, lime scale, grease, and many other unpleasant things. Therefore, ensure the brilliance and purity of your utensils.
Simple rules for extending the life of your dishwasher
When arranging the dishes in the machine, make sure that they do not hit each other. This is especially true for the instrument basket, because two spoons that do not touch cannot be cleaned properly. Be careful not to detect the fins of the shower.
- Thoroughly clean dishes from larger food scraps before inserting them into the machine body.
- Arrange the cutlery in their special basket with the handles down, and the glass cups, coffee cups and cups always with the opening down. Keep tall pots tilted.This will result in almost polished utensils due to the abundant pouring of water.
- Do not mix silver and alpaca utensils at the same time. When touched, these two metals cause a chemical reaction and the silver is colored.
- Take care of tanned bottoms and remove labels from jars before washing.
- Use the correct degree setting that allows you to manually adjust the temperature according to the degree of soiling of the vessels.
- Choose a quality detergent that does not scratch the plates. Use gel detergents, they do not contain abrasive particles.
- Check and regularly charge the salt compartment.
- Inspect and clean the filter.
- Once a month, let her cry empty, only with a spoonful of soda or vinegar to freshen up.
- Add gloss at your discretion, especially when washing glasses and dishes.
- When foam layers are obtained, wash the edges inside.
- The "aquastop" function must always be present in the choice of model. Prevents floods in the event of an accident.
Ways to clean your dishwasher
The simplest way when you do not have the time and want to freshen up your appliance from unpleasant odors is by removing all the utensils and pouring half a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice into the preparation compartment. The unit then starts a normal cycle. Of course, you can also use the special dishwasher detergents that are available at home appliances stores.
Another more effective method you can try is using distilled white vinegar, baking soda, a sponge for washing dishes, a toothbrush, a dishwasher, a microfiber or cotton cloth, a vignette knife, and a detergent. for stainless steel.
The instructions are as follows:
- Empty the dishwasher by removing all possible racks and supports that can be detached from the machine.
Wash as much as possible.
- It is necessary to wipe the bottom of the door and grill of the dishwasher, because it accommodates the accumulation of food residues. Also note the grill or grate at the bottom of the dishwasher where wastewater is collected.
After removing the food from there, wash thoroughly with warm soapy water mixed with a little vinegar if desired. With more dirt, you can use a toothbrush or a small knife.
- The next step is to clean the filter. Disassemble it again with a toothbrush, wash the filter parts with baking soda, then place it in lukewarm water and vinegar for 5 minutes.
- Before mounting the filter back, wipe the door seals again with lukewarm water and vinegar. Again, the toothbrush can be tampered with for better cleaning. Clean the inside of the dishwasher with the same solution.
- After everything has been cleaned, all the components of the machine must be reinstalled. In the preparation compartment, put two cups of vinegar and run an empty dishwasher cycle as if it were a slow program or a power saving mode. This will clean every place of the dishwasher.
- Coating is important for external cleaning. If plastic coated, it can be cleaned with soapy water or with a glass or degreaser, with heavy soiling. If the coating is inox, use a specialized stainless steel detergent or clean only with a dry cotton cloth.
With this thorough cleaning inside and outside, the dishwasher is now ready for full speed hygiene. Clean it at least once a month to enjoy delicious food in clean, clean dishes and utensils.