What does the washing machine cover?
When buying any home appliance, you are looking for good quality at an affordable price. You are interested in all the features and additional features you can get. And, have you ever set aside a higher amount to get a longer warranty? Many people tend to do this, although in most cases it is a kite that you put on a cupboard in a cupboard. At first glance, a warranty period should give the customer peace of mind. For example, damage to your washing machine should be repaired free of charge.
But, what really happens? Better pray that everything is in order, that the procedure is not easy at all. Unfortunately, at the time of purchase, the employees prepare the documents so diligently, and subsequently it turns out that exactly what has broken - is not covered by the repair shop. So you have nothing left to do but enjoy the moments when operating your home appliances is seamless.
What should you know about your washing machine warranty?
If a comparison is made between what is covered and what is not included in the free repair points, you will be disappointed. This is completely normal because every trader is aiming to make a profit on the market. On the other hand, you can be the main initiator of the damage to the washing machine - improper operation, installation or maintenance. Then you can not claim the responsibility of the manufacturer.
The warranty policy for almost all washing machines meets the following general conditions:
- The guarantee is only valid under certain conditions - you need to have the original purchase document, not a copy. This includes a receipt, invoice, lease agreement. The warranty card must be correctly and completely filled in - factory number, model, date of sale, signature and stamp of the seller and signature of the customer. Other supporting documents should be included, if any. Use caution when storing the warranty card, as some repairers may refuse service because there is a revision, scratch or additional entry. It is best to keep the warranty card in a safe place and away from children who love to paint everywhere. Small miscreants can split you up with free repair if you need one.
- The manufacturer has specific obligations - in the event of a malfunction with the machine, you must signal to send a technician to your home or be moved to an authorized service facility. The company is committed to repairing the defect within the legal deadline. During this time, specialists will be aware of the problem, whether it is covered by the warranty, what part should be replaced, and whether it is possible. If the problem is in their area and they cannot correct it, they are obliged to replace the defective product with a new one. Do not be surprised if they provide you with another model - politics allows it. The requirement is to have the same functional and technical characteristics as the original product.
- The warranty applies only to authorized repairers - it does not matter exactly which service will be performed, but it is a prerequisite for them to be in an authorized service center of the respective brand. The product warranty is not valid if the repair is carried out elsewhere by a person who is not authorized. Keep this in mind so that you do not lose the ability to cover damages to your household appliance.
- The warranty covers certain damages - the guarantee or insurance does not mean that any malfunction of the washing machine will be covered. The main remedial activities are mechanical or electrical related. However, this is still in doubt as each company has a different policy. It is a good idea to be interested in it right from the start so that you are aware of your choices. There are many stretching concepts, and the end result is an additional charge for a particular service.
What does the washing machine warranty not cover?
- Power and voltage problems - most often the manufacturer does not cover such problems, although it is relative - it still depends on the practice they have. If your washing machine does not work due to mains voltage, you will probably have to pay for the repair yourself. The technicians will do their best to wash in good conditions, but for the right amount. A common problem, besides cabling, is the couplers used. Most of them are of poor quality and are not efficient in delivering electricity to the appliance. Move your washing machine to another outlet where the location of your home allows it.
- Problems with water supply and drainage - the place where the washing machine will be installed must be well-protected from a water point of view. Water supply and drainage are the most important factors for the proper functioning of the washing machine. All requirements must be met to avoid flooding, which can cause major problems. But be sure that the warranty does not cover any of this. For your safety, you will need to find a plumber to connect you to the appliance or remedy any other problem. You may have blocked the appliance or may have a malfunction with water sources.
- The warranty does not cover the following defects - higher noise caused by damping of the appliance, defective bulbs, discoloration, poor aesthetic appearance of parts and more. In general, these problems are not related to the functionality of the washing machine and do not affect the safe use of the appliance. This means that they are not covered by the guarantee.
- Installation Issues - Keep in mind that where and how the washing machine is installed is very important. You should avoid damp areas as they cause rust or electronics failure. Positioning in too cold places may cause the pump to freeze, which will cause the unit to fail and will not be covered by the warranty card. Incorrectly connected consumables or removed conveyor belts are also not covered.
- Locked system - A locked system can be triggered by a variety of options. Users are the most common problem as they overload the washing machine or allow any small objects to fall into the parts of the machine. It is most advisable to put underwear and socks in laundry bags so that they do not reach places outside the drum. They can cause serious blockages and complete blockage of the system. Check for pockets for coins, clothes for torn buttons and more. You must take the necessary care so that you do not have to replace expensive parts and do not know if they will be available for your model.
What is an Extended Warranty and Do You Need It?
- The extended warranty extends the standard period. This is an additional opportunity for consumers to cover possible damage at the manufacturer's expense. They can take advantage of this opportunity when they purchase or when the standard warranty end date approaches. They will very cleverly try to convince you of the extra benefits you can get for a relatively small amount, but they will not get many benefits because:
- Insurance is not cost effective for your appliances - it is one thing to do your entire home disaster insurance, another is to have one for each appliance. Rather, this policy is useful for insurance companies that support such insurance. Probably quite convincing will present you the benefits, but in most cases, no one takes advantage of anything. It is quite common that the insurance does not cover the relevant damage. So you are left with only one insurance cost and you have to pay for repairs again. It is better to avoid middle-class insurance and make one but bigger investment. It will bring you more peace of mind and security.
- The guarantee includes some type of insurance - the main function of the guarantee is to cover the defects to some extent - this is a type of insurance. If you do extra, you may end up with two insurances for the same. There may also be additional benefits for you if the manufacturer's warranty period is over - many types of credit cards offer some type of protection. Ask for information or ask on the spot exactly what you get when you buy the appliance.
- The small print is not to be underestimated - the relevant documents are issued when issuing an additional guarantee. You know very well that in almost everyone there is that little font that nobody pays attention to. You agree to all the terms when you sign. Keep in mind that they are prepared by attorneys who seek to protect manufacturers in the event of any complaints. They are made as favorable as possible for them, not for you.
- Purchases are depreciating quickly - even after the purchase, the washing machine, the oven, the latest model of smart phone or laptop are lower. It is not worth the senseless expense of making such acquisitions. Whatever the problem, they will hardly compensate you with a new appliance. Rather, you will go through a long procedure - you will feel the lack of the appliance, and when you get it back it is not certain that it will last long. Most of the equipment works within the warranty period, then begins to defect.
- You may lose the guarantee - it is clear that there are many diligent people in safeguarding the warranties, but also quite distracted who say they will never need it. Yes, it rarely happens, but if you lose it, you will have no evidence. Then the company is the one who wins. It is best to keep all the guarantees in one place to help with possible damage, but do not pay for additional insurance and guarantees.