Why is there sand in the washing machine?
The summer season is associated with a lot of sun, beach, sea and smiles. Nights are long, and entertainment and positive emotions - are increasing. It seems that everyone is waiting for July and August to enjoy a well-deserved rest. It is a wonderful time to move away from the work environment for a while. Every family goes to the destination that has been thought out for a long time, and they are waiting with great impatience. The period of excursions, and especially the beaches, however, bring a little bit of trouble with themselves, namely sand. He gets stuck on clothes and towels, and puts it in your home. After a pleasant sea experience follows a pile of laundry.
The first activity that every housewife takes after a trip is to sort the luggage and bring everything in the washing machine. Well, you think of a family for just five or ten days, how many clothes do you have to wash. Everyone is a carrier of admirable sand, which is soon to be found in the washing machine. A little less, it is enough to be able to harm your electric appliance. It is clear that it is never conscious, so tap everything well from the sand, then put the clothes in the drum. You should emphasize the towels and towels, as they are the easiest to put on the sand. Be responsible to your machine to serve you for many years.
Why is the sand detrimental to the washing machine?
Larger items are a threat to your washing machine, but they are easier to catch and remove, unlike small grains of sand. If your buttons or coins seem to be a disaster, think about it here? They are so thin that they can not be removed easily and completely. Worst of all, they are inconspicuous in most cases and continue to "live" in the washing machine for a very long time. You can find out about them only when it's too late.
The sand is extremely harmful to the machine and clothes - it contains abrasives. Negatives to it over time are associated with worn out clothing, drum breakage, and the adherence of small particles to clean laundry. Here comes the additional headaches that will cause you to hit the sand in the machine.
You'll probably find yourself in search of all sorts of ways to eliminate it, however difficult it may seem. The words "Looking for a needle in a haystack" are valid here. If it is too late and there is a need for repairs, you will have to incur extra costs.
You may already have a drum problem and need a qualified person to help you. In this case, look in more detail to find the best company that will serve you well. A great deal of professionals can give you advice on what to do next time if something like that happens to you. They are experienced and have seen nothing. Find out more about washing machines and their support during the conversation.
Sand removal procedure of your clothes
- Take the pockets of clothes - they can easily collect a significant amount of sand
- Remove the sand from your clothes - immerse them in water and rinse them thoroughly to remove any grit, and in the most difficult to fold
- Let the clothes dry and then tap them again
- For the most reliable results, after all these procedures, use the vacuum cleaner as well
How to clean the washing machine from the sand?
Take measures to remove the grains at the very first moment when you get any doubts. Each procedure is very effective if done on time. Caring for your washing machine in this direction will prolong its life. Keep in mind that the warranty does not cover such repairs, so do not get to this final option. There are some requirements you need to keep in order not to divorce your favorite device:
- If there is sand in your machine, one of the solutions is to wait for the interior to dry. Then you can run the vacuum cleaner and go through the entire drum. Keep in mind that you have to be absolutely sure about drying to avoid another problem. If you want to be convinced before you start, wipe the rubber strap and the drum with the cloth. So you will be comfortable to plug and suck the sand.
- There is another option that is completely safe but not highly effective. It's about squeezing the sand with a wet cloth. So he will stick to it and remove it from the household electric appliance. Then rinse the cloth in a bucket to make sure you do not bring the collected sand back on the next wash of the cloth.
The latest proposal is useful at any one time - the more often it is done, the longer the life of your machine will be. Periodic cleaning is of great importance. The unpleasant thing is that it rarely remains time, but it is a sure way to properly maintain and sanitize the little space. It has to be clean, because everyday you wash what you wear. You do not want to dress clothes that are worn out, filled with grit, bacteria, and so on. There is no need to buy expensive preparations that contain chemical elements. It is enough to use totally harmless home remedies that do great results. Water, vinegar, lemon, baking soda, salt, etc., are present in many "home-made" products, and cleaned perfectly. Thanks to them you will hygienise to perfection, at no extra cost, because these ingredients are present in the kitchen of every household.
The drum - the part that suffers the most from falling into the washing machine
The washing machine is made up of a number of components that are susceptible to wear or damping over time. One of the visible and accessible parts that takes on all your challenges to function properly is the drum. It can be called one of the main elements that plays the role of a bathtub for dirty clothes. Thanks to his hourly rotation, the clothes go clean and fragrant. Unfortunately, no matter how good work to do, sometimes excessive use or malfunction due to external influences leads to its damage. There is a crack that leads to leakage, making the machine unusable. If you have a similar suspicion, it is better not to hit the power button before you fix the problem.
Improper use of the machine
The drum of each model and brand is designed to withstand a significant load. The material from which it is made is steel or plastic. Despite the high degree of endurance, you are not insured that it will not be damaged at some point. In principle, they give life to the laundry for about 10-15 years, but nothing can stop it from rotating or bursting. What you can do is adhere to the requirements for proper use rather than further damage to the appliance. Be careful with the amount of laundry you put and the programs you use. Excessive overload will damage the drum. Unwanted objects and sand also affect negatively.
It is often the case that you can put one more blouse until you push it up. This is a sure risk for the drum. He will bear a similar load several times, but if it is a mass practice, it will soon be destroyed. Wash larger duvets and bulky blankets in public laundries if your machine is not adapted for those pounds. In these cases he needs additional pressure, which will follow up to his breakdown. The plastic drum is much more vulnerable to cracks than steel. On the other hand, the steel is more susceptible to rust It is therefore advisable to consult a competent person in choosing a washing machine to get a highly efficient product. The user manual describes everything you need. Get to know the information that's there.
Unlike some other parts that can be slightly clogged, there is a problem with the drum, it needs to be changed. The bad thing is that this is not always possible. Sometimes replacing is too complex because the model is too old and there is no part for it. Another time it turns out it's cheaper to buy a new washing machine. This should make you think that you are strict in terms of its use so you do not have to incur unforeseen costs that you can not cover at the moment. However, if this happens, consult an on-site technician. It will explain both options so you can choose the more economical and more expedient for you.
Tips for better operation of the washing machine
- Apply the right amount of clothing
- Keep the machine clean and well hygienised - do a prophylactic cleaning over a period of time
- When you feel an unpleasant smell, run a blank cycle of high degrees without washing. Place white laundry powder in the panel and vinegar to neutralize the odor in the drum.
- Sort the laundry correctly
- Before starting a cycle, make sure there are no unwanted objects and a handful of grains in your pockets. Check for clinging sand on towels and other clothes you've been on the beach
- Clean the filter and the washing machine more often
- Leave the door and dust panel and softener open after each wash
- Try to block the washing machine in case you hear too much noise
- Be careful when opening the door if you see too much water when the cycle is over
- In case you decide to do malfunctions yourself or to repair something yourself - read and follow the instructions for use.
- Switch off power whenever you decide to carry out some activity on the washing machine
For most problems, it's advisable to trust a domestic appliance repair specialist who will do the repair better than you