What to do when the washing machine is not pumping water?
The sheer clarity of your clothes depends on the quality and maintenance of your washing machine. There are a wide range of functionalities on the market that can enhance your work process - the various programs are for your convenience and to preserve the look of your clothes. However, you may run into unforeseen situations - some part breaks or another problem arises.
The best model of the most famous brand can deviate from normal functioning. Sometimes you may have caused this, so check everything you need before seeking professional help. If the appliance is in need of repair and is still under warranty, you should call an authorized technician. It is not recognized if the part is disassembled by another workshop. One of the common problems is the pumping of water and the centrifuge. If there is one for the first or consecutive time, you should pay enough attention and eliminate the problem if it is misused.
Problem with the drainage pump - the reason why the water is not pumped
Blocking your cycle or taking your clothes wet is an indication that something is not working properly. Very often the problem is the drainage pump. Yes, however, you may have inadvertently caused it, which means you have the ability to do it yourself. It will save you money. If the appliance is under warranty, these "little whites" will probably not cover you. It's about junk that you let into the drum, and then elsewhere.
Unwanted objects can be of any type - hair, dog or cat hair, coins, buttons, baby clothes, small socks, underwear and more. So always check your pockets - this will eliminate this possibility. With any type of hair and hair, it is a little harder to deal with every time, but they are not that dangerous. The process of switching is from the drum to the hose and finally to the drainage pump. Don't rely on the washing machine being in warranty and now is the time to do anything. The warranty covers defects in production characteristics. This is outside this column. It is best to choose a model with a quality filter that can collect dirt and can be easily cleaned. This precaution is not superfluous.
Before you provide the washing machine, make the following checks:
- Check the drain pump filter - be very careful when opening the lid as water will leak. Get an old towel and light in advance. Typically, the opening is made accessible to users, but just in case, read the instructions to make it easier. The process itself is the opening, drainage of water and removal of dirt or objects inside. Then again for a spin - make sure you do it well so it doesn't cause you headaches the next cycle. It would be a good idea to wash it without washing for the first time. This will see if the cleaning is sufficient for the proper functioning of the appliance in the future.
- Remove the water from the washing machine - if there is water after the cycle you have started, it should drain. It can be done through the door or through the drain hose. The first option is to form a puddle on the floor - prepare your old towels, rags, and lightweight. The second option is safer, but also more labor-intensive. You need to find the hose and take care when removing water from it. Also prepare a bucket and hold it up until you pull it out. Then empty it into the container.
Water drainage process
This process is necessary to identify the real problem. Often, the damage due to improper pumping of water is related to the pump or some of its components. However, some basic steps must be followed to reach the source of the fault. The rules also relate to compliance with safety measures.
Step 1: Turn off the power
Disconnect the washing machine from the power supply to ensure that no power problem occurs. Never miss this important aspect, as long as you are in a hurry to determine what is causing the machine to malfunction.
Step 2: Check the exhaust hose at the back
It may be folded and this will block the flow of water. Even the slightest breakage can be a problem, so stretch it out if you see something like that. In the absence of such a malfunction, continue developing the bracket. Then remove the hose from the drainage hole. It probably has water in it, so be careful.
Step 3: Prepare a bucket or easy to remove water from the hose
Get to the dishwasher you have prepared and drain the water from the hose slightly less. There may be more water, so be careful not to overfill the bucket. Get an assistant to empty the bucket if needed. At this point, you lift the hose. The water may stop flowing at some time because there is a blockage that you need to remove before continuing. Be careful not to wet the floor or make a little flood!
Step 4: Check and remove all drainage hose seals
When water stops flowing, you should check for unwanted objects. All kinds of things may have been accidentally caused to cause your damage. To do this, you should check the inside by releasing the bracket that connects the hose to the bottom. If you find something stuck, you need to remove it and then reconnect the hose.
Step 5: Check for deeper sewers inside or outside the sewer
If you have already passed the hose and it is very clean, there may be a blockage in the duct. There, you could hardly handle it alone. You will most likely need a plumber who can handle any type of blockage at different depths. Professionals know the sewers well and will clear it very quickly.
Step 6: Check the pump
Sometimes the problem is with the pump - check that there is something broken on one of its parts. Check the operating instructions for where it is located and what components it is made of. A damaged pump gives an indication of a higher or too unusual noise during operation or water leakage. If you find a problem in this area, seek a qualified person. The pump or any part of it may need to be replaced with the same model.
Step 7: Check the washer cover switch
The lid is a part that constantly opens and closes, and is sometimes approached with considerable neglect. Excessive pushing or cracking can damage the switch. To see if this is the case, press it by hand. Try to hear if it clicks as usual. It may have broken and need to be replaced with another one that is right for your machine.
Step 8: Check the washing machine for damaged belts and strap
The belt is part of the pump and is highly likely to cause leakage if worn. To check this, you must open the manufacturer's instruction booklet. It describes everything down to the smallest detail - you will understand the location of the pump and where its other parts are located. You should unscrew the panel as intended to check the pump main strap and belt. In case of changes of their normal appearance, they must be changed.
Step 9: Make sure your machine includes a drain fan
This is an additional feature that allows free air circulation. Thanks to this function, a vacuum can be avoided, which impedes the free flow of water from the appliance. Not all machines have a similar vent.
Step 10: Call a professional help company
If you've followed all the steps and haven't been able to solve the problem, it's time to admit that you need help. You need the help of a specialist in the field to repair your washing machine. If the warranty period has not expired, call one of the authorized service centers. If it's out of warranty - research and trust the best company to serve you quickly, accurately and effectively.
Helpful Tips on Problems with Water Pumping!
- Do not panic or act first
- Before doing anything, make sure the washing machine is unplugged
- Read the manufacturing instructions - all parts of the washing machine are described, where they are located, how to remove them and more. It is written according to your model and brand of machine
- Do not overload the washing machine as this may cause the drum to have water.
- Be careful when draining the water
- Get towels, rags, tubs and pails to prevent puddles or flooding when opening the laundry
- Clean the filter
- Clean the hose and remove any fallen objects, if any
- If you find a problem with a drainage pump that is not easily removable, you should seek professional services
- If you find the pump to be replaced, it is better to leave the activity in the hands of a specialist
The washing machine is the appliance you most need. A malfunction is an unpleasant situation to deal with. Some enthusiasts try every possible option to do it themselves, but sometimes it turns out to be a bigger mistake. It is possible to do more harm than to correct the problem. Check for mild blockages, but stop there.
There are numerous companies on the market, whose main activity is related to repairs. It would be good to find one recommended. You will make your work easier, save time, it will not be so expensive and you are more likely to get your old washing machine back into working order.